Our VPN for routers immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming.
Connect every device in your home or office with a Plug & Play SaferVPN Router.
In order to set up SaferVPN on DD-WRT router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Access the Router Administration Console
- Open your Web browser.
- Go to the router's local IP address within your browser (By default, this is 192.168.1.1, a comprehensive list exists here).
Configure the DNS Settings
- Go to the Setup tab and choose Basic Setup.
- Go to the Administration tab and choose Commands.
- Within the Network Address Server Settings , enter 126.96.36.199 for Static DNS 1 and 188.8.131.52 for Static DNS 2.
Configure the OpenVPN Settings
For versions of DD-WRT with User Pass Authentication
- Server IP/Name: Enter the SaferVPN Server IP address, click the link.
- In Encryption Cipher enter AES-256-CBC
- Edit USERNAME=" Username" - Enter your SaferVPN account email address.
- Edit PASSWORD="Password" - Enter your SaferVPN password.
- Go to Services & VPN.
- Make sure OpenVPN is enabled.
- For Ca.crt download the file from here, then open the file titled ‘CA.crt’ in notepad, copy all its content and paste it in the CA cert field.
- Click Save and Apply the settings.
Restart and Check
- Go to the Administration tab and select Management.
- Scroll down the page and click Reboot Router.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- The connection is now created.
- Verify your VPN connection by going to http://www.whatismyip
ad dr es s. co m and checking the country your traffic goes through.