In order to set up SaferVPN on DD-WRT router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Access the Router Administration Console
- Open your Web browser.
- Go to the router's local IP address within your browser (By default, this is 192.168.1.1, a comprehensive list exists here).
Configure the DNS Settings
- Go to the Setup tab and choose Basic Setup.
- Go to the Administration tab and choose Commands.
- Within the Network Address Server Settings , enter 18.104.22.168 for Static DNS 1 and 22.214.171.124 for Static DNS 2.
Configure the OpenVPN Settings
For versions of DD-WRT with User Pass Authentication
- Server IP/Name: Enter the SaferVPN Server IP address, click the link.
- In Encryption Cipher enter AES-256-CBC
- Edit USERNAME=" Username" - Enter your SaferVPN account email address.
- Edit PASSWORD="Password" - Enter your SaferVPN password.
- Go to Services & VPN.
- Make sure OpenVPN is enabled.
- For Ca.crt download the file from here, then open the file titled ‘CA.crt’ in notepad, copy all its content and paste it in the CA cert field.
- Click Save and Apply the settings.
Restart and Check
- Go to the Administration tab and select Management.
- Scroll down the page and click Reboot Router.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- The connection is now created.
- Verify your VPN connection by going to http://www.whatismyip
ad dr es s. co m and checking the country your traffic goes through.