Our VPN for routers immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming
Connect every device in your entire home or office with a Plug & Play SaferVPN Router.
Before setup, make sure you have:
- A working Internet Connection
- ASUS WRT-MERLIN Router that supports L2TP
- An active SaferVPN subscription
In order to setup L2TP connection on your ASUS WRT-MERLIN Router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Login to your Router Administrator Console
- Connect to the internet and launch the web browser on your computer.
- You need to know your router’s local IP address to access the administrator login page.
- In most cases, the local IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1; however, we do have a comprehensive list handy. You can find it here.
- On the login page, you are prompted to enter the Router’s username and password.
Configure the L2TP Connection
- Navigate to the "WAN" tab on your left side bar and click on "Internet Connection"
- WAN Connection type: Choose "Automatic IP" from the dropdown menu as your connection type.
- Enable WAN, NAT and UPnP options
- UPNP: Allowed internal port range: 1024 to 65535
- UPNP: Allowed external port range: 1 to 65535
- Connect to DNS Server automatically: Check "No"
- DNS Server1: Enter: 67.222.222
- DNS Server2: Enter: 8.8.8
- MTU: 1500
- Authentication: Select "None"
- DHCP query frequency: Select "Aggressive Mode"
- Once you have entered all the settings needed, please double-check and click "Apply"
- Now that you have entered the Internet Connection settings necessary, please navigate to "VPN" on your left side bar and click on the "PPTP/L2TP Client" tab at the top of your screen.
- Please click on "Add Profile" in order to create a VPN connection.
- Here, please make sure you click on "L2TP" as your preference.
- Description: Type anything you want, e.g. the server you are connecting to SaferVPN USA
- VPN Server: Enter any of the server you wish to connect to, click here
- Pre-Shared Key: SaferVPN2013
- User Name: SaferVPN Username
- Password: SaferVPN Password
- Auto-reconnection: Choose "Yes" and click "OK"
- After clicking "OK", your saved profile will appear on screen and you have the option to connect... by clicking on "Activate".