In order to setup PPTP connection on your Belkin router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Login to your Router Administrator Console
- Connect to the internet and launch the web browser on your computer.
- You need to know your router’s local IP address to access the administrator login page.
- In most cases, the local IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1; however, we do have a comprehensive list handy. You can find it here.
- On the login page, you are prompted to enter the Router’s username and password.
Configure the PPTP Connection
- Open the Internet WANpage, and select PPTP for the Connection Type
- Enter SaferVPN username in the PPTP Accountfield
- In the Passwordand Retype Password fields you need to enter your SaferVPN Password
- Leave Host Nameempty
- Into the PPTP Server IP Addressfield enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to, click here for the list of servers
- IP Assigned by ISP should be set to Yes
- Leave the option Disconnectafter unchecked
- If there is Click here to enter your DNS Settingsoption, please click on it and enter our DNS servers: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Use Apply Changesoption to connect to VPN
Please note that you may need to disable your router firewall if it is enabled.