Our VPN for routers immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming
Connect every device in your entire home or office with a Plug & Play SaferVPN Router.
Before setup, make sure you have:
- A working Internet Connection.
- A D-Link Router that supports PPTP.
- An active SaferVPN subscription.
In order to setup PPTP connection on your D-Link router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Login to your Router Administrator Console
- Connect to the internet and launch the web browser on your computer.
- You need to know your router’s local IP address to access the administrator login page.
- In most cases, the local IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1; however, we do have a comprehensive list handy. You can find it here.
- On the login page, you are prompted to enter the Router’s username and password.
Configure the PPTP Connection
- Go to Internet-> Setup
- Select PPTP as your internet connection type
- Into the PPTP Server IP Address field enter the server address of the server you want to connect to. Our server list can be found here
- Enter your SaferVPN username and password
- Set Reconnect Mode to Always on
- Maximum Idle Time: 5
- Select Dynamic IP as your Address Mode
- Enter our DNS servers: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Click Save settings above PPTP settings to connect to VPN
Note: On some D-Link models, the router may reboot, and you might need to navigate to the Status page and click the Connect button there.