Our VPN for routers immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming.
Connect every device in your entire home or office with a Plug & Play SaferVPN Router.
In order to set up SaferVPN on Asus router, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Setup SaferVPN on Asus router
SaferVPN automatically picks the best VPN protocol for you. However, if you wish to decide which protocol suits you the best, you can refer to our exclusive guide on what VPN tunnel protocols are and how to choose the one that fits your needs best.
Login to your Router Administrator Console
- Connect to the internet and launch the web browser on your computer.
- You need to know your router’s local IP address to access the administrator login page.
- In most cases, the local IP address is 18.104.22.168; however, we do have a comprehensive list handy. You can find it here.
- On the login page, you are prompted to enter the Router’s username and password.
If you are accessing the login page for the first time, use the default username (either “root” or “admin”) and password (“admin” or “password”) combinations.
If you do not know your administrator credentials, you need to factory reset the router (using a reset button on the device) and try the default username/password combination.
Note: This tutorial is created using an ASUS RT-N66U model. The other ASUS routers settings may vary. In case you have a different router model, consider this tutorial as an example.
Configure L2TP VPN settings
- Click on VPN button in the Advanced Settings box
- Click on VPN Client tab
- Click on Add profile button from the VPN Client tab
- Select the L2TP option and fill in the settings for your VPN connection:
Description: Name of your connection
VPN Server: Enter the IP address of the SaferVPN server you want to connect to. You can find all the available server names here
Username: SaferVPN Username
Password: SaferVPN Password and click OK
- Click on Activate button