Setup SaferVPN on your Kindle Fire
- On your Kindle's home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless.
- Open VPN.
- Select Add a VPN Profile.
- Enter your SaferVPN login information:
- Name – Enter USA
- Type – Your chosen security protocol, we suggest using PPTP
- Server Address – Type in your desired country from our server list, (ex: - USA)
- PPP encryption (MPPE) – Select if PPP encryption (MPPE) is required
** If you are using another model of Kindle that doesn’t have native VPN support, there are a few other ways to set up SaferVPN:
- You can create a VPN enabled virtual hotspot on your laptop and then connect to that hotspot with your Kindle device. You can also connect your Kindle to a VPN Router, and then connect to SaferVPN. Both of these ways reroute your traffic through SaferVPN’s servers. You can then use your Kindle safely, securely, and as if you were in your desired location.
- A more technical approach to connecting your Kindle to SaferVPN is called rooting. This replaces Kindle’s OS with a more standard version of Android. However, that’s something we don’t recommend doing since it can void your device’s warranty, and therefore we wont cover it here.