Amazon Fire Stick TV does not have built-in VPN or Media Streamer DNS functionality. In order to use SaferVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick TV, you need to connect your Amazon Fire Stick TV to a VPN-enabled virtual router or router. Below we offer a guide on how to set this up:
There are two methods through which you can set up SaferVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick TV:
- Using a Wireless Router running SaferVPN.
- Using a PC/Mac running SaferVPN and connected as a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Connect your Amazon Fire Stick TV to SaferVPN using a Wireless Router
- In order to run the SaferVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick TV, you need to first set it up on your router (a DDWRT router is recommended). Learn how to set up SaferVPN on different routers.
- Connect your Amazon Fire Stick TV to the wireless router connected to SaferVPN.
- On your Amazon Fire TV menu, go to Settings.
- Select System then Network.
- You will see the name of the router (for ex: - SaferVPN) that you have just set up in the Available Networks. Select it.
- Enter the Password of your router and wait until the connection is created.
You are now ready to operate your Amazon Fire Stick TV.
Connect your Amazon Fire Stick TV to SaferVPN using a PC/Mac as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- To set up SaferVPN on Amazon Fire Stick TV, make sure you have a laptop with an active internet connection and SaferVPN running on your system.
- Click the SaferVPN icon on your laptop and log into your SaferVPN account using a valid SaferVPN Username and Password.
- Select your server from the list of servers and click Connect.
- Once your VPN is connected, all you need to do is convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
For directions on how to do this, please select relevant platform: