SaferVPN on Nintendo Wii immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming. Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U does not come with built-in VPN interface, you will need to set up SaferVPN on your laptop and then connect your Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U to your laptop.
To set up SaferVPN connection on your Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U you will need:
- A SaferVPN account
- A laptop with wireless network adapter and RJ45 port
- Wireless Internet connection
- Crossover Ethernet Cable
To set up SaferVPN on Nintendo Wii, follow the step by step guide detailed below:
Setup connection between your laptop (Windows/Mac) and Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U
- Insert the Wi LAN adapter into the USB port of your Wii console.
- Connect your laptop and the Wi LAN adapter using an Ethernet cable.
- Now switch on your Nintendo Wii console.
- From your Wii remote press the “A” button.
- Move the cursor over the Wii button and again press “A” button to select it.
- Select the “Wii settings” option on the right.
- Using the blue arrow, scroll over to more options and select “Internet”.
- Choose connections status as “Connection 3” and none as “Wired Connection”.
Share SaferVPN connection from your Windows Laptop to Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U
To set up SaferVPN on your Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U using Windows Laptop, make sure you have SaferVPN software installed and working on your Windows Laptop.
- Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose Local Area Connection on the right side of View your Active Networks.
- On the Local Area Connection Status window click on Properties.
- In the Networking tab, double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
- Choose “Use the following address”.
- Enter the default IP address: 22.214.171.124
- Enter the subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 (keep the Default Gateway, DNS Server, Alternate DNS Server fields blank) and click OK.
- Select Change Adapter settings on the left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select SaferVPN from the list of connections. Right-click and open Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab and select “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”.
- Under the Home Networking Connection, select Local Area Connection from the drop-down menu.
Note: "Dial up connection" and "Allow other network users to control" should be disabled.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Share SaferVPN connection from your MAC Laptop to Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U
To set up SaferVPN on your Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U using Mac Laptop, make sure you have SaferVPN software installed and working on your Mac Laptop.
- Click on the Mac Apple sign and select System Preferences.
- On the Sharing page, select the option titled Internet Sharing.
- From the Share Your Connection drop-down list, select Ethernet or AirPort or Wireless (depending on your internet connection).
- In the “To Computers Using”, select Ethernet from the drop down list.
- Select the checkbox in front of “Internet Sharing” option. Once active, the icon will become green and the status will change to On.
- Now connect to SaferVPN through the app installed on your Mac.
You can now check the connection on your Nintendo Wii/Nintendo Wii U by clicking on Start on Internet Channel screen.