SaferVPN on Smart TV immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming.
SaferVPN provides network anonymity to its Smart TV (Amazon Fire, Samsung TV, Toshiba TV, LG Smart TV, Android Smart TV, etc) users, as well as the capability to unblock the websites and bypass the web filters. However, there is no way to setup a VPN connection directly on any Smart TV.
There are two methods through which you can set up SaferVPN on your Smart TV:
- Using a Wireless Router running SaferVPN.
- Using a Laptop running SaferVPN and connected as a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
To set up SaferVPN on Smart TV, follow the step by step guide detailed below:
Connect Your Smart TV to SaferVPN Using a Wireless Router
- To run SaferVPN on Roku, you need to setup it on your router first (DDWRT router is the most suitable one). Learn how to set up SaferVPN on different routers.
- To connect your SmartTV to the wireless router configured with SaferVPN connection, go to your Smart TV's Settings.
- From the Network Connection select Wireless Network and click Start Connection.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi Password and wait until the connection is created.
You’re now ready to use the SaferVPN connection on your Smart TV.
Connect Your Smart TV to SaferVPN Using a Laptop as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- To set up SaferVPN on Smart TV, make sure you have a laptop with an active internet connection and SaferVPN running on your system.
- Select the SaferVPN icon on your laptop and log into your SaferVPN account using a valid SaferVPN Username and Password.
- Select your server from the list and click Connect.
- Once your VPN is connected, all you need to do is convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
In order to setup your computer as a Wi-Fi hotspot, you first need to verify whether your computer’s physical wireless adapter supports this feature or not.