SaferVPN on your Apple TV immediately protects your internet privacy and security while giving you full internet freedom and instant access to content streaming.
SaferVPN provides network anonymity to its Apple TV users, as well as the capability to unblock the websites and bypass the web filters. However, there is no internal settings provided by the Apple TV to set up a VPN connection directly.
There are two methods through which you can set up SaferVPN on your Apple TV:
- Using a Wireless Router running SaferVPN.
- Using a Laptop running SaferVPN and connected as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
To set up SaferVPN on your Apple TV, follow our step by step guide detailed below:
Connect Your Apple TV to SaferVPN Using a Router
- To run SaferVPN on Apple TV, you need to setup it on your router first (DDWRT router is the most suitable one). Learn how to set up SaferVPN on different routers.
- To connect Apple to the wireless router configured with SaferVPN connection, go to the Apple TV menu.
- Switch on your Apple TV and go to Settings.
- Go to General and choose Network.
- From the Network menu select Configure Wi-Fi.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi Password.
You’re now ready to use the SaferVPN connection on your Apple TV.
Connect Your Apple TV to SaferVPN Using Your Laptop as a Hotspot
- To set up SaferVPN on Apple TV, make sure you have a laptop with an active internet connection, a SaferVPN account and SaferVPN software running on your system.
- Click on the SaferVPN icon on your laptop and log in your SaferVPN account using a valid SaferVPN Username and Password.
- Select your server from the list and click Connect.
- Once your VPN is connected, all you need to do is convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
In order to setup your computer as a Wi-Fi hotspot, you first need to verify whether your computer’s physical wireless adapter supports this feature or not using the following commands.
To create virtual Wi-Fi, Please select your operating system:
1. I'm a Mac user
2. I'm a Windows user