This guide will show you how to configure VPN on your QNAP NAS device via PPTP protocol.
Configure PPTP VPN on QNAP NAS
- Login to your QNAP device using a valid administrator-rights credentials and go to Control-panel.
- Go to Applications and click on VPN Client.
- Click on the Add button on VPN Client setup page.
- Choose PPTP from the dropdown-menu:
- Fill the Input field on Create VPN Connection interface as described below.
Create VPN Connection Input Filed Description:
- Profile Name: Anything you want, this is just for identifying the VPN profile when having multiple of them. Use e.g. SaferVPN, or VPN Test or something that fits to your VPN server choice.
- Server address: This needs to be a server IP or hostname from one of Safer VPN servers. Please refer How to find SaferVPN Server IP.
- Username: Your SaferVPN Account Username.
- Password: Your SaferVPN Account password.
- Authentication: MS-CHAPv2.
- Encryption: Medium (AES40/128 bit).
- Use default gateway on remote network: Activated.
- Allow other network devices to connect to the VPN through the NAS: Only activate if you want other devices to use the NAS' VPN connection (NAS sharing VPN to other devices).
- Reconnect when the VPN connection is lost: Activated.
Click Create after verifying all the input values.